Sunday, March 22, 2009

no' mandy



went to Normandy this weekend, just over night Saturday and Sunday.
Dueville but the spelling is wrong.
the kids and I got our own room.
If you know Oregon beaches than you know what I am used to and this was very very different from any other beach. I am used to wind so strong it will dry your hair in a minute but yet leaves this sticky salty touch to it... this however was calm and well it was mostly the town. We stayed in a hotel where every time I saw someone who worked there they said "bonjour madame". - i totally went gypsy and took a few bottles of Ermes perfume from the room cleaners cart along with loiton and shampoo.
Saturday night nathalie and marc went out to dinner with another couple - the wife is crazy and nathalie couldnt handle to be around her after that; she thinks her husband is out to kill her... i met him, hes really nice, he told nathalie I am amazing with their children! 100 points for him.
I got to have room service for dinner to my room after solal went to bed. my little cherib and i watched walace and gromit Curse of the Wearrabbit (16 EUROS..... "oops"). Nathalie and Marc said i can have their bottle of champiagne also. oh and i enjoyed it very much. nataniel was in the kids club the whole time so i didnt see him much. just me and my cherib.
Solal and i swam in the pool sunday morning. wow with a baby its so much fun.
it was a nice trip but i would perfer to just have solal without nathalie there cause she can be a little bossy and demanding to me and it starts to bud me after a couple of hours.
we are going again in may for 5 days. i was cracking by the time we were about to leave so i dont know how those 5 days will go. i am going to have to lay some ground rules when that time comes to nathalie.
solal has razors for nails and he will get in Kung Fu Panda mode (i curse this moive for being made as he now likes to mimic it and guess who gets hurt?). well he will hit me and then i will look at him and say no, please dont do that and he goes to nathalie and cries and says "annie clack" and for some reason after this has happend many times she still askes me "annie did you hit solal" - and i say through biting teath "no nathalie he hit me". after this weekend if this happens again i am going to bring this to her attention.
nathalie is delightful except sometimes there is this side of her that is just not logical or something. solal is spoiled and nataniel and i get the blame for everything he does.
anyway i ate very well this weekend. however i think my belly is not use to so much sea food (fruit de la mer) and well... upon arrival i was very sick and took a rose tea bath and nathalie brought me some tea.

grrrreat news;
1. I GOT MY CARTE DE SEJOUR!
this has been 7 months of hell getting this little shit and finally i can say i am legal here and can also leave the borders of france.
2. I will be going to India in July and then Greece in Agust. possibly return after this. i was planning on staying till december but i dont think i can au pair it for that long. we will see. but yes the plan is set for India and Greece.


LOVE
love
love

No comments: