Thursday, June 4, 2009

Buddah-a-go-go


As most of you know I will be going to India in exactly one month. I am going with a program called IVHQ - International Volunteer HQ I dont know what the HQ stands for actually... but I will be volunteering in an orphange with children to teach them english, play games, help them get ready in the morning, and teach them other school leasons. I will also get the opportunity to see India. I will be posted in New Delhi which will be exciting as it is very big and full of color
So I am impatiently waiting this month of june and have already started getting my bag packed and reading everything I need to know for India.
As I was getting ready today and reading my volunteer booklet they mentioned some things that are needed in the orphanage;
DONATE-ABLES
vitamins/calcium tablets
antibiotics, antiseptics
medical family guides
books health
first aid materials
hankies
childrens clothing
balloons
bubble water
face paint
music for children
instruments
stickers, stamps
group games
coloured paper
pencilsm/pens/markers/crayons
books
chalk/colored

I have already started collecting some of the things. Nathalie the mother here has a whole room filled with childrens books that she said I can take my pick at. But I thought I would ask those who are reading my blog if they would want to donate anything. If you want to mail anything to me my address here is
Berdugo C.O. Annie Temple
5 Rue Charles Bemont
Croissy Sur Siene France
78290

OR if you would like to give me $$$$ because I am going to buy things here as well, I have set up a paypal account for your convience! (when you click on the button paypal will ask you to make an account with them, which you have to do...)







Please let me know if you have donated anything as eaither I or the children can make some mail to send you as thanks!

So my departure date is set for July 3rd. I will keep you posted as to how all the fundraising and collecting goes!
much much love
Annie

No comments: