Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Chula Chula/rummble rumble/dogs,cows&ghatsghoats

I am at a internet place and dont have much time cause i have to go meet a friend of mine. sorry i havent posted anything in a while. the rains have come everyday causing our stolen internet source to not come through (my theory). Last week i went to Sikkim and saw the Himalayas from an amzing guest house. bought tea from a tea estate and was taught how to properly make it (havent tried out the recipie yet...). After we went to the holy city of Varanassi to see the Solar Ecplise on the Ganga (ganges) river - amazing.
Sadly no orphange work. I got sick during my time in Sikkim but i think it was just travelers sickness as once Caulder and i got back to Delhi its gotten better. I have joined with my friends Annelie and Katherine to their volunteer work - womens empowerment. My first day was yesterday - Monday - with a group of girls around 16-20 years old. In the first few minutes we decided Katherine and I wanted to get our nose periced so we left and went to one of the girls house and learned to dance, drank soda. than went to the market bought the jewlery and sat on the side of the road to have a man jab a needle in our nose! dont worry, we made a big dramatic scene about the needle. we made him torch and clean both in front of us before hand.
it hurt really bad.
well so thats the last week and few days in a nut shell. with photos i will say more but that wont happen till next monday when i return to france.
love love love

annie

3 comments:

j.temple said...

I love hearing about India, just when you think it can't get any more exciting, it does!! What a memorable way to have your nose pierced! I'm excited to see it, I had one in for about a year..anywho..you'll be home soon, yay! Its 105 degrees here, but thanks to India, it will feel like nothing to you! much love, be safe, see you soon!

Vanessa, Nick and Evan said...

Seeing the Himalayas sounds amazing! That's my dream to go there! The man with the needle at the road side sounds less exciting...:-)))

Kristine said...

Remember when I came back from Ireland with my nose pierced?! It fell out one day and I didn't bother putting it back ...

Sounds like you continue to have grand adventures! We are heading out to Oregon for a week vacation this Friday ... we will miss seeing you!