Friday, March 2, 2012

Slow the fuck down/ new kicks/ The little things

Yesterday was a day of walking. My intention was to walk all over my favorite place - Le Marais. I did so in my big kicking boots with the UGHboot-like-fur around the rim. I arrive in Le Marias at 2 in the afternoon with one goal in mind, to find one of my favorite stores - Les Petites. I did not find the store till 4:30 and my feet were in such pain by this point. These images will explain why;



Notice the square straightness of the streets of Portland (like most cities in the US) and the zig zag streets of Paris? yes, I knew this and could have asked for directions but then I would have given away my position. Plus I was determined to walk. I did stop in a few other shops that caught my fancy or brought back memories from before. I got a falafell - cabbage and veggies and falaffel balls with some godly sauce on top all snuggled together in a warm pita pocket. I used to get these everytime I went to Le Marais. The man giving out the tickets in line told me his friend is in love with me, I turned and this beautiful older French man was staring at me. So of course I got scared, giggled nervously and turned around to get my falaffel.
I took many sitting breaks for the sake of saving my feat. Once I finally stumbled upon Les Petit, feet internally bleeding, I found these lovelies who cried for me to take them home;




I asked if it would be weird to wear them right away and they said no, so I did.
I than left to meet with my friend Nicole, my favorite friend that I met when I lived here. I spent a lot of time together before and it was like nothing had changed. She now has a little girl - Mathilde - who she found out was pregnant just before I left France. I almost started to cry when I found out that her middle name is Annie, she said because I was the first to know. Antoinne cannot know this right now though as she told him it is after his grandmothers name. We went to a pub and talked for over three hours straight. I will go stay at her place this weekend.

The little things that erupt nostalgic emotion;
The smell of the laundry soap
The gyspsies who sing on the metro
Getting lost in the streets but not caring
Recollecting moments with Nicole
Tea in bowls

TONIGHT; we go out on the town.....
Shelbi my love - we are going to a place that has fur on the walls, yes, like Barbarella.

No comments: