Saturday, September 6, 2008

a nuit

So today?
I met another au pair.
Her name is Joanna. she is swedish. We went to a open house for the sports in the area to ask questions and thoes sorts of things. I am not a sport person but see that sports are very big here. I am not a sport person... I have tried many but I am not the competitive type. Je suis une artist. (Today my spelling has been bad today... and I don't know why)
The other open house for other activities isn't for another two weeks - I will attend that one and find my place - oui?
Joanna and I went to the grand jardin (big garden) of Saint Germain and talked for a long time. I asked her what were the prejduces of american culture and she said the usual that we all know... ; we eat a lot (side note....miss europen has gone to mcdonals twice since she is been here..) we are 'vain' (yes I am... yes mom I heard you singing the song in my head ' your so vain ) and I talked a lot about my lovely portland. I miss it so!. we are not active, 'sluty' for lack of a better word and ignorant to what is happening in the world.
most of what she has developed of american cultur is from television and cinema. (I curse you sex and the city.)
I went to some cafe's tonight and when I asked for a beer they served me highnken... ok the the french are known for their wine yes but improve the beer. I bet it would AMAZING. really think about that.
I have learned a lot today about who I am and where I am from. That would be hard to explain over a blog, but better of tea or coffee... or wine... or beer...
I crave conversation.
Tomorrow I meet with Sophie. My Turikish friend Sibel's step daughter.
I also contacted some people from couch surfers and will hopfully
rendez vous with they soon. In talking with Sarah about my plans she said "you have made quiet the social network already". Which I am proud of.

my internet connect is bipolor tonight.
no wind thank god.
(in case you don't know I have to steel internet outside. )

love love love
beacoup love

annie

No comments: