Wednesday, December 3, 2008

411

Does anyone know if there is a technical term for being addicted to the computer? I shall create one... annedicte-elctro-stimuli! Since I am creating this new syndromme my name gets to be in it. So I am having withdrawls. I am sitting at the library having to type tres slow because the key board is different so apologies for odd typos.
Well gosh gee so many changes!
Big change number 1; I am changing families. Two days after I decided this my friend Victoria gave my number to a lady who called me and voila! I work 25 hours a week - starting at 4 ending at 7 monday tuesday thuresday friday, wednesdays and saturdays I start at 2 till 7. So you know what this means? I can sleep in every morning! Except for when I have class... but that is only three days a week.
I thought Sarah and JP had money... OH NO... wait till I post pictures of this house... My bedroom is two times bigger and my bed is three times bigger (yay I will actually fit in it! my bed now is the bed Cammille gets next year...) my bathroom has two full length mirrors that slide and give me TONS of storage space for all of my new clothes. a bathtub/shower as well. I get paid 120 euros a week plus my metro/bus paid for. I get all of the holidays off which are two weeks long every six weeks.
There are 5 children total - BUT WAIT - 3 are around my age so I only have to care for the two youngest who are 3 and 9. MAGNIFICANT! And these people have two other nannys that do all the cooking and cleaning. The mother doesnt speak good english so we have been speaking in french.

So yes VONDERFUL!
There is the other complicated situation of getting my carte sejour which allows me to stay here for a year. One they gave me the appointment for december 24... french bastards.. (pardon my french...) I spent a many stressfull days trying to change the date as this messes with my holiday in Croatia but I can only get a later date which isnt till march or april and I wouldnt be able to leave the country at all because my orignal visa already expired. I was told I could try but it would be taking the chance that at the gate they wouldnt allow me in the country and send me back to the US without my stuff which people here would have to mail to me... but now that I am changing families - which is best to do before I apply for the carte sejour - I have to figure out how to change the Offical Legal document Accord de Placement bla bla bla which was stamped in San Fran and in France before I came to this new families name. This irritating situation has made it very difficult for me to sleep at night and today I have to talk to the lady at my agency as to how to change it but she scares the shit out of me but I have to suck it up and hope she wont kill me with her eyes. she is nicer to the families than the au pairs - i am not the only one that has felt her rath so I know its not just me.
So this is a nutshell of what is going on. Soon I will have my computer back and can load all of my new pictures as I have been taking a lot.
On a bright note I love my life here to say the least. I am filled with so much happiness here and love all of the poeple I have meet. All of this is stressing me out because I dont want to leave this place. As of now if all of this carte sejour works out I will extend my trip till august.. or more. Nicoles friend has a house in Greece which we plan to go to for some time. It has been snowing quiet a bit during the night but I have been keeping warm with G Fathers hat.
Well now I am off to meet la mechant femme and figure all this out. I will post again with the new changes.
gros bisous

a

1 comment:

j.temple said...

YAY!!!! Your new family sounds FABULOUS!! Not to mention your upgrade in amenities, whohoo! I'm so glad to hear everything is going so well! We miss you!