Friday, January 2, 2009

coucou

I have been trying to write a reflection of these past few months but am failing horribly. So first to get some news out there I will show you my Christmas and new years and what I did.
So in a nutshell I was not able to go to Croatia. This had been a looming possibility for some time as to if I was going to be able to get my carte sejour, et voila, bright news I will be able to get it but bad news I have to wait another month till my next appointment. But all the stress is gone and I am giddy as a school girl with this new family!
The Monday that I moved in, a few days before Christmas eve, the mother Nathalie, Nathaniel (age 9) Solal (age 2) and Julia (age 18 different married) and I went to the Nut Cracker... for kids. However it was enjoyable for me to hear it in French.
A few days later it was Christmas Eve and that morning was the deciding factor if everything was going to work out. First off everything is thanks to Alexis for driving me everywhere I need to go and calling everyone we need to talk to. It is virtually impossible in this country if you do not know French. The administration doesn’t even know how ridiculous they are. But if it hadn’t been for Alexis I would be staying here illegally if at all. So I bought him a carafe for wine, we have used it many times... honestly I can't tell a difference but he does so that’s all that matters.


But finding out I couldn’t go to Croatia was a big let down. This trip is what had gotten me through the first few months when I was lonely and needed something to look forward to. Also I needed a break from children and working. Also I was so excited to hang out with my Croatian family as I find them incredibly fun. Also Vanessa's new baby. Also many many other reasons....
But sweet Nathalie said I needed to be with family on Christmas Eve and I was welcome join their festivities. So my loves, what do you think we ate? Caviar and Lobster of course! I just can't get over saying that. Her brother and girlfriend came. Also the mother’s friend Patrice who is the ex-director of Dolce & Gabana and now I think the director of Ralph Lauren....
All of the people were incredibly nice and all talked to me. This is really what I wanted my experience to be and I am so happy I have changed and this family found me.


Ok so photos of Christmas eve!


First course, caviar with baked potatoes. Honestly I expected an orgasm in my mouth but there was not flavor really. I don’t understand caviar and all its hype.



Thats the papa Marc holding the live lobsters post death! The little cherub on the right is Solal age 2

Nathaniel tormenting the lobster before his doom. You can't notice this but Nathaniel and Solal were both wearing matching Dior suits and ties. They tend to be matching every day which I find to be hilarious and super cute.



pauvre lobsters... however incredibally delicous. I got one that had eggs... a female.


Sweet Solal. He enjoys having a wine glass of his own and going around to other peoples glasses and chin-chinning them. I love how little kids pick up on things and think that’s what you are supposed to do with the objects.



Mama Natahlie! I really enjoy this woman. She makes me feel so welcome and at home here. Shes so spunky and social.


The cake with cherries. I wish I could have gotten a picture of it before we cut it but oh well. It was delcious of course.



Presents! She went out and got me a manoush bag! So sweet of her. And Julia the daughter got me a red berret. I need to buy them some flowers.... I will do this soon.

So its begining to snow now thankfully! So I took some pictures of it while I was walking back home;


This is their front door. So I wanted to take pictures of the house but when I think about it and try to it just won't work. Really their house is too big to be able to capture it. I think I will try to make a video like last time. But the day nanny is here during the day. Than the cook comes. They might not like it if I make a video. So we will see. If I get alone time I will do it. But again their house is so big I would need some time to do this.


They let me use this boots lately to go outside. But I will be getting some new shoes soon more suitable for the winter. But they wouldnt let me go outside in my shoes, Marc and Nathalie searched all over the house for some shoes for me. Sooooo nice!


These are just a few of their christmas trees.


So for new years I had a lovely dinner with my friend Victoria and then I met Alexis at the pub till he got off work and played a long game of pool as Victoria and I suck and are slow. But it was fun. Than we went to Helens aparment for a quiet night of music and conversation.

Ok I did it. But I will be making another blog later this week to go over other things I would like to blog about. Its 2 am and I have to wake up at 7 to go to my first day of class.

Oh and I will put their new address here soon.
Annie

6 comments:

Unknown said...

annie ....here I am in the family room with caitlin on the couch with me, evan sacked out on the bean bag chair, and ryan anderson on the bar stool having just shown us all his photos from his trip thru AZ and UT this past summer. It's so fun to have them here - Sam was here also - for dinner - and then he went to Baskin Robbins for some icecream for us all...I miss you and was so surprised and happy to hear about your new family! kisses!! Shoshana

ann said...

It's been 12 days since we talked. Is everything alright? Are you in love??!! Is your internet connection on the blink? Or has life just become overwhelming? We missed you over the holidays and are waiting for that posting. xxoo a.

Patti Lou said...

I like the new picture on the top of your blog....now all we need is some news, and maybe a photo or two! You must be having a really good time .... hope so!
Love, mom

Patti Lou said...

Hi Annie...this is Papa! Great to see some pics and get a feel for where you are living and see the people. Mom & I are talking about timing for a trip to see you and combine it possibly with the UK and Vanessa & Nick too. Talk to you soon!
Love you, Papa

Anonymous said...

hi but where are the pictures of the boy? i want to see and i saw the two people the girl and the boy that sing that sweet song in that movie ONCE that you like. reilly is in love with mirrormask. i miss you dont forget the importance of soil its all around! i miss you a lot i saw i missed your call again i was so disappointed in myself. but i have gifts and love waiting for you here and i love you so much. dont stop celebrating life its all around and youre so good at it i love you!

Anonymous said...

you are also very beautiful