Monday, May 18, 2009

germany

yes it has taken me a while to post about germany. sadly it was too short of a trip to be able to say much. it was a 6 hour drive. we made our first stop in Koln where I got to see the Famous catherderal of Koln that I have never heard of... but now I know! And also the river of course and it oddly looked a lot like the Portland Esplande... except german.
Nicole lives an hour away from Koln in a quaint town called Menden. We stayed at her sisters place with her beautiful baby boy Luka - who I kept calling Evan because my brain directed its cericuts to my cousin Luka and Vanessa whos baby is Evan.. voila
Nicoles birthday was the friday we drove and I got her some big books of photography. One of Man Ray's work and the other just a big coffee table book with color photography.
The first night we spent with her family at her grandmas place where I sat out on the balcony and after some wine they were teaching me german. it was great.

Cathedral. It was too big to get a full photo.
It had flying buttresses mom!



Antoinne (Nicoles boyfriend) got this. It was discusting...





Nicoles sister and baby


The Second night we went out with Nicoles friends.


Yes it was great!

Hopefully I will be able to go back to Germany for longer than 2 days and play with Nicole and her friends. Maybe before I head back for home.
I got my ticket to India for July. Less than 2 months away WHOOO.
au pairing has become quite boring.
This next week will be nice though! Nathalie leaves tomorrow morning for Le Festival de Cannes so I get to play MOM. It will be a relaxing few days for everyone in the house as Nathalie makes everyone feel they might mess up something.
Than Thuresday morning we leave for Duville in Normandy.
I will bring my computer. hopefully it will work.
I will stock up on my free Hermes parfume from the maid carts!

Oh my mike doesnt work really for my computer I have discovered after an hour trying to figure out why poeple cant hear me on the other end. But I will ask the father if he has a mike that I could use or I will just got buy a mike mike. sans camera.
But thanks to you who have called me!

love
a.

No comments: