Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Another volunteer here has a computer and jacked into someones internet which is great for us! Because there is so much to say you all are free to ask me questions in case i forget to mention something or you want to me find anything out while I am here.
I decided to do the orientation week so yesterday and today we lecture a bit about Indian culture and stuff than go around India looking at things. The lecture part is difficult as we are in a very warm room with a fan and listen to the host father/man in charge talk about India.... it is difficult because we are constantly tired and put in a situation like that it is hard to stay awake. my eyes closed without me noticing yesterday and he stopped to tell me to wake up.. i felt bad. but today my friend lizzie was falling asleep so i tried to get him to only pay attention to me so that way i wouldnt fall asleep and he wouldnt notice her...
but this morning we went to Lotus Temple (you can google image it) which is very famous but very mellow. we had to take our shoes off to go in which meant we had to walk on the hottest ground in the world. i think if i had kept my feet in one place for less than 5 minutes i would have gotten a first or second degree burn. so we all skipped fast to the entrance and then Lizzie and i shared a pair of socks back which helped. after that Rajeed (i dont know how to spell his name) brough us to a place of worship for Karishna whcih was amazing as there were tons of people in there praying but its with a lot of music and these BIG shrins for karshina. after we went to the gift mesuem and i bought a prestent for my baby newfew preston, some insensce and jasmine oil perfume which smells great!
we wanted to do some more market searching after the lecture but there was no time.
shit the comptuer is out of battery

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Annie, Germain and I have decided that you are the best blogger in the world. I just read aloud your India blogs to him as we are sitting here at home on a Friday night. Did you see the link to my wedding dress that I got with my mom last weekend?! I hope you are doing well in India. Germain says to stay still when you are hot - that's what his grandparents in Mexico used to tell him when he was a kid - to sit down and be still LOL. Love you!!

ann said...

I have another suggestion for dealing with the heat. Think 'snow' .... xxx